I have to say I am completely turned on by what I do…guiding, teaching, supporting and witnessing women wake up to who they really are. What an honor. Personally, I have been a devoted student to the call of my own brilliance. Following the twists and turns, through inevitable dark times, feeling lost and without clear vision…I am thrilled to tell you, I have become a seasoned traveler.
I have learned that living from my whole self is a practice and a journey…it is a treasure hunt. I also have learned that there are specific landscapes we navigate through as we find our way to the center of our own being. I am lit up with creating a system to guide you through your own transformation, and to teach you how to navigate your own journey into the treasure of you! It is right below the surface, sometimes hiding in plain sight…waiting for you.
Like with me, for years I thought there was something ‘wrong’ with me. Ha! What I have come to learn is that I am bigger than most boxes…and that is ok, more than ok. Being bigger-than-the-box is part of my medicine. This means I am an activator for those I work with, that I can hold and navigate big inner landscapes, that I can bridge many terrains, and that I hold lots of space for you to be who you truly are.
Through my own journey, I have taken the long walk away from having to prove myself and from striving for perfection. Instead, I practice being in my own truth and creative flow. Some days I do better than others, and that’s ok. Regardless, I feel more focus, energy, tenderness, and courage. I find more ease and so much more joy, flexibility and choice each day. I practice taking good care of my physical, emotional, mental and spiritual bodies. It feels great! I highly recommend it.
I know, without a doubt, that you have the ability to create the life, work and relationships you desire…I believe that your Luminous Life is reaching out for you as much as you are longing for it. I also know, expressing the truth of who you are is a guiding force to the meaningful, connected and satisfying life you dream of.
Reach out and join the journey today!
A CLOSER LOOK
I have spent untold hours and resource on both my personal healing and on my education. The experience I draw from to serve you includes:
- Ph.D. in Imaginal Psychology and Creative Arts Therapy
- National registration as an art therapist
- Advanced training in 5Rhythms™ Movement Therapy and Authentic Movement
- Certified in Thought Field Therapy™ (TFT), Psych-K™, Street Yoga™
- Trained in shamanic consciousness and certified in Psychospiritual Integrative Breathwork™ journeys
- Founder and guide of RemedyWave™ dance, movement & imagination journeys
- Co-founded the NeuroImaginal™ Institute as a forum for education and learning of integrative experiential practice for medical and mental health professionals
- Clinical practice and director of the Expressive Therapies department, University Neuropsychiatric Institute Salt Lake City, Utah
- Director, Intensive Out Patient Treatment program for addicts in recovery, Aloha House, Maui, Hawaii
- Art therapy with adolescent girls in a therapeutic boarding school and treatment counselor with incarcerated teens
- Creates and run classes, workshops, groups and private practice for over 20 years
- Adjunct faculty in counseling psychology at the masters level for over 10 years
- Created and taught Soul Centered Counseling program for therapists in practice
In 2015 I married my love, Matthias. I celebrate a close relationship with my adult daughter and granddaughter; enjoy our collective 8 children, two grandchildren and two granddogs, along with the joy and blessing of many wonderful authentic friends and family.
“Shannon is an excellent group facilitator. I appreciate deeply her ability to navigate complex group dynamics, for example in Shadow work, when it seems like everything is falling apart, she knows what to do and how to miraculously bring it all together again."
- Mary Phillips Certified, Advanced Rolfer
"With this work I feel ok to be me, however that looks or feels. Having this permission to relax and release makes me feel at peace…I’m so grateful for Shannon’s wisdom and to be part of this."
- Melanie W
"Shannon has this ability to make you feel you have her whole attention, that it is only you, in the center of your process, in the room with others. You feel she is just there with you and for you."
- Diane Simons
"Shannon offers a holding space where I can truly be with myself, in my body, in ‘quiet’… Shannon, thank you from all of me for having developed such capacity within yourself to hold a circle such as this one."
- Marla D.
"Shannon is an embodied healer and masterful facilitator. Her work is transformative and has supported me in connecting more fully with my true self. I'm inspired by Shannon combining her academic training and years of experience in the creation and offering of this deeper work for women."
- Jennifer Carlson, CMHC MAC
“I am so grateful for you, the space you hold and the dance. I feel I’m a different person than I was 4 years ago when I walked through that door…I think this ‘new’ me was there all along, I just needed a safe place to let it blossom.”
-Year-long group participant
"Thank you for the healing and sacred space you create. Today I felt the freedom to acknowledge how hard some of my struggles are and how much great need I have for comfort and caring."
- Amanda B.
"The most fun I've had with personal growth work!"
“I have had so much growth directly related to this work…psychologically, in the body and in my life. I can stay present, in my body when things get scary. I’ve created the life I wanted and got over the things that blocked me… so much because of this work. Thank you. I feel so grateful and supported by this. I get married next week and when I began with you I was scared to give up my independence and afraid of getting hurt!”
- Year-long group participant, LCSW therapist
"Shannon is a Master Teacher in the most gentle and powerful of ways. Being in her sessions is like waking up from a dream and finding yourself in happiness. I felt complete permission to be with whatever came up, I felt there were no expectations of us or ANY judgment, only holding space and honoring our discoveries."
- Stacy J.